Wednesday, December 15, 2010



I love sketches. Charcoal, black ink especially. And I love people who can do that. There is this friend from past. She has put some of her drawings online. They are good. I mean really good - not just pretty, but professional good!

We were classmates. She once brought some painting to school. She has sent that to some competition and it got first prize or something. It was nice. But at that time, people were a little jealous of that and started a new rumorof  sorts that she is too vain and stuff. You know how school kids can be! But back then I was too timid to tell the others that it isn't vanity and that the painting was actually good.

I remembered all that today. Now this girl is way past making people just jealous. They will HAVE to admire her. I already said they - the sketches -are professional-looking didn't I? We normally feel jealous when the thing we are jealous of is within the achievable range. When we know for sure that the something is beyond our capacity that's when we truly start and admire it.

Anyway, after seeing those sketches I'm slightly proud of me that I did not completely succumb to some stupid school gang. 

And kudos to that friend of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment